"Going UP, coming Down"
| From the
desk of Dr. CHERi Love *Hugz*
Things To Do In An Elevator
1. Make race car noises when anyone gets on or off.
2. Grimace painfully while smacking your forehead and muttering: "Shut up, all of you- just shut UP!"
3. Whistle the first seven notes of "It's a Small World" incessantly.
4. Sell Girl Scout cookies.
5. On a long ride, sway side to side at the natural frequency of the elevator.
6. Crack open your briefcase or purse, and while peering inside ask: "Got enough air in there?"
7. Offer name tags to everyone getting on the elevator. Wear yours upside down.
8. Stand silent and motionless in the corner, facing the wall, without getting off.
9. When arriving at your floor, grunt and strain to yank the doors open, then act embarrassed when they open by themselves.
10. Greet everyone getting on the elevator with a warm handshake and ask them to call you Admiral.
11. On the highest floor, hold the door open and demand that it stay open until you hear the penny you dropped down the shaft go "plink" at the bottom.
12. Stare, grinning, at another passenger for a while, and then announce: "I've got new socks on!"
13. When at least 8 people have boarded, moan from the back: "Oh, not now - motion sickness!"
14. Give religious tracts to each passenger. (NOT A BAD IDEA)
15. Meow occassionally.
16. Bet the other passengers you can fit a quarter in your nose.
17. Frown and mutter "gotta go, gotta go" then sigh and say "oops!"
18. Sing "Mary Had a Little Lamb" while continually pushing buttons.
19. Holler "Chutes away!" whenever the elevator descends.
20. Walk on with a cooler that says "human head" on the side.
21. Stare at another passenger for a while, then announce "You're one of THEM!" and move to the far corner of the elevator.
22. Leave a box between the doors.
23. Ask each passenger getting on if you can push the button for them.
24. Wear a puppet on your hand and talk to other passengers "through" it.
25. Start a sing-along.
26. Play the harmonica.
27. Shadow box.
28. Say "Ding!" at each floor.
29. Say: "I wonder what all these do...." and push the red buttons.
30. Listen to the elevator walls with a stethoscope.
31. Draw a little square on the floor with chalk and announce to the other passengers that this is your "personal space."
32. Stare at each passenger, then announce in a demonic voice: "I must find a more suitable host body."
33. Carry a blanket and clutch it protectively.
34. Make explosion noises when anyone presses a button.
35. Wear "X-Ray Specs" and leer suggestively at other passengers.
36. Stare at your thumb and say "I think it's getting larger."
37. If anyone brushes against you, recoil and holler "Bad touch!"
38. When in a crowded elevator, announce loudly: "So, I suppose you're wondering why I've called you all here together."
Hello and remembering you at the beginning of another year!
I haven't really met you
I met you in a place known as Activeworlds
We became friends
Though distance separate us
For you have been God's Gift to me
Your presence in the web delight me
Time will someday come when you will take another road
Yet, looking ahead, I will glance back and remember
Thanks to a simple hello, I met you, And for Now, that is all that matters.
maintained by Tripper.
Material Copyright © 1998 Simon Says